The Hammer Down Football!!! website is a communication device for team members, coaching staff of Hammer Down Football and player parents. Use of any photographs, written copy, or videos of players is not for use outside of the Hammer Down Football organization without written authorization from the office of the Director of Football Roger Purgason.
2013 - PREP & JV Super Bowl (PYFL)
2014 - PREP Super Bowl (PYFL)
2015 - JV & VARSITY Super Bowl (PYFL)
2016 - PREP, JV & VARSITY State Champions (AAU)
VARSITY AAU National Champs!!!
THE PRIVILEGE OF PLAYING FOR THE HAMMER DOWN TARHEELS IS AN EARNED OPPORTUNITY AND A PRIVILEGE. IT IS NOT A RIGHT, NOR DOES IT MEAN EQUAL PLAY TIME UNLESS YOU EARN YOUR POSITION. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IS WELCOMED, AND EXPECTED IF YOU ADHERE TO THE HAMMER DOWN FOOTBAL CODE OF CONDUCT. YOUR FOOTBALL READINESS WILL DETERMINE YOUR SELECTION TO PLAY. IN ADDITION, IT WILL BE BECAUSE YOU HAVE PORTRAYED A RECOGNITION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND AN ACCEPTANCE TO PROJECT YOUR ATHLETIC ABILITY, COMMITMENT, CHARACTER AND A STRONG WORK PROGRAM. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR OPPORTUNITY WITH HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL TOO LIGHTLY.
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. YOU WILL TREAT YOUR PARENTS, YOUR SIBLINGS, YOUR TEACHERS, OTHER CLASSMATES, OTHER TEAMMATES WITH ESPECIALLY YOU COACHES WITH RESPECT.
2. HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL is a team sport. Game losses are caused by individual players not observing the team's needs on the field. You by yourself cannot lose or win a game. Teamwork requires each member of the Hammer Down football team to work always together for our common goal of success on the field. you must help your teammates up after you take them down to the ground. You must encourage all teammates, even when mistakes are made. Placing blame is not acceptable and is a big negative to our program. HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL IS AND WILL BE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE WEAKEST PLAYER. INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM GOALS ARE TO MAKE EVERYONE ON THE TEAM THE BEST THEY CAN BE AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER.
3. Each player must exhibit and is expected to exhibit EXEMPLARY CONDUCT while associated with HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL GAMES AND EVENTS. Our practices timewise will be limited. Each team must make the best use of its time and in order to do so, each player must undestand the basic rules of conduct we expect you, the player, to adhere to.
4. DO NOT SPEAK TO EACH OTHER WHILE A COACH IS ADDRESSING THE TEAM. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.
5. Direct your eyes to the coach and nowhere else. Once the coach completes his comments, you may raise your hand to seek further information or to ask questions of your coach.
6. NEVER WALK ONTO THE FIELD. You are expected to jog on and off the field back to your coach if you are taking a water break. if we go into smaller groups of players, jog to your designated area to meet with the coach.
7. NEVER take off your helmet without the permission of your coach or unless you are on a water break.
8. NEVER SIT ON YOUR HELMET. YOUR HELMET IS TO PROTECT YOUR HEAD FROM BRAIN INJURIES NOT FOR SITTING.
9. If you are not standing, go to one knee on the ground. Never just sit on the ground.
10. We will travel at least four times during the season, Not including tournaments. A designated location will be identified for those who wish to travel together. One hour prior to game, you must be suited with your game jersey and pants on (without shoulde pads) , and ready to be on the field. All players will travel with their HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL GAME TRAVEL BAG. You will be expected to conduct yourselves as a gentleman at all times when wearing the HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT OR AT ANY HAMMER DOWN EVENT WHILE ASSOCIATED WITH HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL. IF YOUR PARENTS DO NOT ATTEND A PARTICULAR GAME AND YOU TRAVEL WITH THE COACH(S) THEN YOU MUST KEEP THE COACH INFORMED OF YOUR WHEREABOUTS BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME.
11. Each player is expected to keep up with school work and academic responsibilities. Your education comes before your participation in Hammer Down Football. You cannot be punished for missing practice due to an academic commitment, the need to study for an upcoming test or to complete a school project.
12. You will be expected to communicate with HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL COACHES, IN ADVANCE, SHOULD YOU NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND A REQUIRED TEAM FUNCTION, PRACTICE OR GAME. ALL ARE REQUIRED ATTENDANCE.
13. HAMMER DOWN FOOTBALL ALREADY HAS A TRADITION OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP ON AND OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD. TREAT YOUR TEAMMATES, OPPONENTS ESPECIALLY SO, LEAGUE OFFICIALS, REFEREES AND OTHES WITH RESPECT. Do not retaliate -- do not retailiate when others loose their cool or when others exhibvit poor sportsmanship. You will be judged solely by your own conduct.